A great number of new exchange students arrive to Turku and TYS apartments each semester. Here’s some information what tutors should note about exchange students arriving and living in TYS apartments.
Information for Tutors
Here´s some information for tutors to note about exchange students arrival
Information for Tutors
Before the arrival:
- Make sure that your exchange student is accommodating in TYS apartments and they have accepted the housing offer
- TYS does not require deposit payment for new contracts
- Ask the address of the apartment and possible room number/letter
Before the key pick up:
- Agree with your exchange student are they picking up the key themselves or are you picking it up for them.
- Send an email to email@example.com an make an appointment to pick up the key or keys. The e-mail must be sent no later than 12 am one the working day before the key pick up. Tell in your email who´s keys you are picking up. Please inform your name and phone number in the email, so that we can contact you if any problems occur. Wait for a confirmation message.
- The first available day to pick up the keys will be 21st December. Please note the key won’t work before 4th of January.
- Please note that keys are only available within TYS Office opening hours.
- In December the housing office is open
- Mon-We 10am to 4pm, Thu 9am to 5pm and Fri 10am to 3pm. On the first weekday of the month, the office is open from 9 am to 5 pm.
- Please note the exceptions in office hours during the Holiday season!
- The day before Christmas Eve 23rd December, the office will be open from 10 am to 1 pm
- Christmas Eve 24th December and Christmas Day 25th December, the office will be closed.
- New Year’s Eve 31st December, the office will be open 9 am to 1 pm
- New Year’s Day 1st January, the office will be closed.
- Epiphany 6th January, the office will be closed.
Key pick up:
- The first day when the keys can be picked up is 21st December.
- Please note that key can be picked up also later, if your exchange student is arriving later. There will be long queues at the housing office during the first days of the month, please prepare to wait.
- Please also note that the key has to be activated before it can be used. The activation can be done January 4th 12 am at the earliest. You can find instructions for activation in the key envelope.
- If your exchange student asks you to visit the apartment before their arrival, please consider that it’s someone’s home. Specially in shared apartments, there might be tenants in other rooms already living in the apartment.