A great number of new exchange students arrive to Turku and TYS apartments each semester. Here’s some information what tutors should note about exchange students arriving and living in TYS apartments.
Information for Tutors
Here´s some information for tutors to note about exchange students arrival
Information for Tutors
Before the arrival:
- Make sure that your exchange student is accommodating in TYS apartments and they have accepted the housing offer
- TYS does not require deposit payment for new contracts
- Ask the address of the apartment and possible room number/letter
Before the key pick up:
- Agree with your exchange student are they picking up the key themselves or are you picking it up for them.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org an make an appointment to pick up the key or keys. The e-mail must be sent no later than 12 am one the working day before the key pick up. Tell in your email who´s keys you are picking up. Please inform your name, date of birth and phone number in the email, so that we can contact you if any problems occur. Wait for a confirmation message.
- Please note that keys are only available within TYS Office opening hours.
- Electronic keys of Iltakajo and Student Village West apartments are available starting from 14th December 2022 from the TYS Housing Office, Inspehtorinkatu 12 A (within office opening hours). Keys will be programmed so that it starts to work when the contract starts, on Monday 2nd of January 2022 12.00 (mid-day) after updating the key in a key reader. Instructions comes with the key. It’s not possible to enter the apartment earlier.
- Non-electronic keys of shared apartments in Student Village East can be picked up earliest on the 12nd of January 2022 from the TYS Housing Office, Inspehtorinkatu 12 A (within office opening hours) 12 o’clock (mid-day) onwards. These keys cannot be picked up earlier.
Key pick up:
- Please note, that key can be picked up also later, if your exchange student is arriving later. There will be long queues at the housing office during the first days of the month, please prepare to wait.
- Please note, that the electronic iLOQ keys for Iltakajo and Student Village West has to be activated before it can be used. The activation can be done 2nd of January 2022 12 o’clock (mid-day) at the earliest. You can find instructions for activation in the key envelope.
- Please note, that Student Village East shared apartments’ keys can be picked up earliest on Monday 2nd of January 2022 from 12 o’clock onwards.
- If your exchange student asks you to visit the apartment before their arrival, please consider that it’s someone’s home. Specially in shared apartments, there might be tenants in other rooms already living in the apartment.