TYS takes the coronavirus and the epidemic seriously. We want to protect our customers, our employees and our partners, and for this reason, we have made changes to the services of our housing office, the operation of our saunas and club rooms, and to the maintenance visits from March 17th to March 31st. This way, we can minimize the spread of the virus and do our social responsibility to prevent it. We are continuously monitoring the situation and following the instructions of the Finnish Government and the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare.
Our housing office will be open only to the customers who are picking up keys to their apartment from March 17th to March 31st on weekdays from 11am to 3pm. However, you need to inform firstname.lastname@example.org of the key-pick-up. In your message, you should state the day and time you pick up the key. Wait for a confirmation message. Our staff will use disposable gloves when handling the keys.
Other housing-related matters are handled through our online services at the tenant pages, by email to email@example.com, or by calling the office on 02 275 0200.
Saunas, club rooms and laundry facilities
The saunas and club rooms will be closed for the time being and reservations already made will be cancelled. Laundries will remain open for the tenants, but hands should be washed before and after use of the laundry.
Maintenance work and visits
At the moment only the most urgent maintenance work is carried out in the apartments.
If there is a need for repairs in your apartment and there are a sick, exposed or quarantined person is in the apartment, please take the matter in consideration when making the fault report.
If the fault in need of repair is not urgent, please consider submitting a fault report later. If you have already filed a fault report and there are a sick, exposed or quarantined person is in the apartment, please cancel the fault report and make a new one when there are no more sick, exposed or quarantined persons in the apartment.
Inspections made when moving out
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you terminated your lease, your apartment has not yet been inspected and there are a sick, exposed or quarantined person is in the apartment.
Follow the instructions from the authorities on coronavirus
Please follow the instructions from the authorities on how to deal with corona virus prevention, suspicion of infection, or other corona virus related issues.
Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare website
Turku University Hospital TYKS website
National corona counselling service: tel. 0295 535 535.
Turku University Hospital, TYKS Acute’s help desk: tel. 02 313 8800 (open every day 24 hours).
The Finnish government decided that all public gatherings are limited to no more than ten persons and that it is recommended to avoid spending unnecessary time in public places. In addition, Finns returning from abroad and persons permanently resident in Finland must undergo a two-week quarantine when returning to Finland.
Below you will find Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare´s instructions on coronavirus:
How do you protect yourself?
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Wash your hands especially when you come in, after a toilet visit, or when you have coughed or sneezed.
- If water and soap are not available, use an alcoholic hand rinse.
- Change your home towels frequently and use disposable towels outside the home.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth unless you have just washed your hands.
- Avoid large crowds and close contact with a person with respiratory tract infection.
- In public places and in crowds, keep at least a meter away from others especially if someone coughs or sneezes
How to protect others?
- If you have mild symptoms of a respiratory infection, it is a good idea to stay home. Don’t go to work, school or hobbies.
- Avoid handshaking.
- Protect your mouth and nose with a disposable handkerchief when coughing or sneezing. Put the used handkerchief immediately to a bin.
- If you do not have a handkerchief, cough or sneeze at the top of your sleeve, not on your hands.
- If you suspect coronavirus infection, call a health center or hospital emergency department. You may suspect coronavirus infection if you have fever, cough, sore throat, headache or shortness of breath.